Birth-control- Implant vs Copper IUD vs Hormonal IUD?:fCare

What birth control options are available?



Barrier methods. Examples include male and female condoms, as well as the diaphragm, cervical cap and contraceptive sponge. Short-acting hormonal methods. ... Long-acting hormonal methods. ... Sterilization. ... Spermicide or vaginal gel. ... Fertility awareness methods.




My experience : Implant vs Copper IUD vs Hormonal IUD?



Hello! I'm 22 years old, never had a baby, and I've never used any form of birth control (other than condoms). I have a long term boyfriend so I'm not sure if I would continue using condoms after starting another method of birth control. I have been planning to get onto birth control, and the recent news has made me want to figure out a plan ASAP for something that will last for years with very low maintenance- I don't think I would be the best at taking a pill every day at the same time.

Right now I'm considering the implant, a hormonal IUD, or a copper IUD since they each will last for multiple years (I do not want a baby any time soon.) I have a fairly regular period that is typically 5 days, somewhat heavy in the beginning with moderate cramping. I have an appointment with a gyno next month (the soonest I can get in) but wanted to see if anyone had any advice or thoughts on these options. I've never been on any hormones, and the thought of weight gain or losing my period worries me, but on the other hand, I hear that periods can be awful on the copper IUD. I've also heard some scary anecdotes about IUDs hurting yourself/your partner during sex. In all honesty I don't really have any concerns about getting any of these options put in to my body, but I'm worried about the side effects that come along with them.

Any and all feedback is really appreciated, I don't have a lot of people in my life I can discuss this sort of topic with, and I really only just started my research. Hopefully I can get a better sense of what to discuss with my doctor next month.

submitted by /u/Valuable-Paint-9875
[link] [comments]
SHARE

Milan Tomic

Hi. I’m Designer of Blog Magic. I’m CEO/Founder of ThemeXpose. I’m Creative Art Director, Web Designer, UI/UX Designer, Interaction Designer, Industrial Designer, Web Developer, Business Enthusiast, StartUp Enthusiast, Speaker, Writer and Photographer. Inspired to make things looks better.

  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Please ...
Don't enter span link...