Birth-control- Positive IUD insertion experience!:fCare

What birth control options are available?



Barrier methods. Examples include male and female condoms, as well as the diaphragm, cervical cap and contraceptive sponge. Short-acting hormonal methods. ... Long-acting hormonal methods. ... Sterilization. ... Spermicide or vaginal gel. ... Fertility awareness methods.




My experience : Positive IUD insertion experience!



Hi! I just joined this group to get more insight on birth control since this is my first time getting on it, and I got the Kyleena IUD this morning (4 hours ago). I am 19 and sexually active with my partner and did not want to go on the pill so I decided the IUD was best for me and to get the lowest hormone one because I don't have heavy/painful periods. Of course, the internet will show mainly bad experiences because it is more common to have those stories shared to the internet compared to positive experiences, so I just wanted to share mine for an alternative perspective!

I had heard legit awful stories about the pain of the initial insertion and how it would be a excruciating sharp pain for a couple seconds/minutes. I was honestly terrified by my friends telling me stories and then of course, the internet stories. I was expecting the worst pain, but then the procedure only lasted about 10 minutes (opening a view to cervix, cleaning the cervix, and all that leading up to the actual insertion) and my doctor (who I had only met a week prior) was calm and was talking me through what she was doing and I had completely forgotten to take any pain relieving medicine and I had an empty stomach, just for extra details, and I was immediately panicking that all the stories I heard would be 10x worse because I was going to feel all the pain without any medicine. I was taking deep breaths the whole time to regulate my mind and body and for about one minute I felt slightly nauseous (ex: the feeling of giving blood and feeling a little sweaty and lightheaded) and I thought the worst was to come until she said "ok we are almost there!" And then she counted down to 10 and I was bracing myself, but literally all I felt was some cramping like regular menstrual cramping and then I was told it was in! I was like what? That wasn't as nearly painful as I was expecting. Side note, I'm expecting my period to begin tomorrow and my doctor mentioned how it would be easier to insert while on my period because the cervix is opened up a bit more so I think that could be why I had alleviated pain. I only have slight cramping and it's very very manageable like I'm able to go do errands and be active and not lay in bed like I would if I had bad cramps.

I hope this story can help some people gain a better and positive perspective on IUD insertion because I would have liked to have read more positive stories before I got mine! Basically my final advice would be to expect the absolute worst pain and maybe you will be happy that it wasn't as bad as you thought 😉

submitted by /u/Addyraejaun
[link] [comments]
SHARE

Milan Tomic

Hi. I’m Designer of Blog Magic. I’m CEO/Founder of ThemeXpose. I’m Creative Art Director, Web Designer, UI/UX Designer, Interaction Designer, Industrial Designer, Web Developer, Business Enthusiast, StartUp Enthusiast, Speaker, Writer and Photographer. Inspired to make things looks better.

  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Please ...
Don't enter span link...