Birth-control- My IUD (mirena) Horror Story:fCare

What birth control options are available?



Barrier methods. Examples include male and female condoms, as well as the diaphragm, cervical cap and contraceptive sponge. Short-acting hormonal methods. ... Long-acting hormonal methods. ... Sterilization. ... Spermicide or vaginal gel. ... Fertility awareness methods.




My experience : My IUD (mirena) Horror Story



This story begins back in February 2022. I was previously not using any form of birth control with my partner besides condoms, which became rather annoying. I decided to get a Mirena IUD inserted in late February, which went very smoothly! I barely bled and was in little pain.

Fast forward to late March 2022, I found myself in urgent care feeling very ill. I thought that I may have had food poisoning. To my shock and horror after blood samples and urine tests, the doctor told me that I was pregnant. 13 WEEKS PREGNANT. Meaning, I was far along when my doctor inserted my IUD, hence, the pregnancy was completely missed. After much reflection and evaluating the potential risks, I did decide to terminate my pregnancy. During this procedure, the doctor inserted a second IUD immediately, and I thought I was in the clear.

I noticed many things after this second IUD was placed. I would spot nonstop, weeks on end. Furthermore, I had bad cramps and constant discomfort. I decided to check in with my doctor a few weeks ago, and she ordered a pelvic ultrasound to see what was going on. Turns out that my second IUD rotated 90 degrees so that the arms were puncturing the walls of my uterus. When my doctor notified me of this, she did not take it out for me. I went home from the appointment with this displaced IUD in me. Low and behold, a few days later I ended up back in the hospital with intense pelvic pain and bleeding. The hospital then removed the second IUD for me.

I am just at a loss. I feel discouraged that I went through so much for my IUD to fail me twice. Let my story be a cautionary tale for the potential risks of having an IUD versus other forms of birth control. Has anyone else gone through something similar before?

submitted by /u/No-Presence-3509
[link] [comments]
SHARE

Milan Tomic

Hi. I’m Designer of Blog Magic. I’m CEO/Founder of ThemeXpose. I’m Creative Art Director, Web Designer, UI/UX Designer, Interaction Designer, Industrial Designer, Web Developer, Business Enthusiast, StartUp Enthusiast, Speaker, Writer and Photographer. Inspired to make things looks better.

  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Please ...
Don't enter span link...