Birth-control- First Week off Nuvaring After 10 Years:fCare

What birth control options are available?



Barrier methods. Examples include male and female condoms, as well as the diaphragm, cervical cap and contraceptive sponge. Short-acting hormonal methods. ... Long-acting hormonal methods. ... Sterilization. ... Spermicide or vaginal gel. ... Fertility awareness methods.




My experience : First Week off Nuvaring After 10 Years



Hi all! I (F26) got on birth control almost ten years ago.

My family has a history of heavy, long, very painful periods. Nobody has ever had fertility issues or diagnoses for endo etc, although my sister did have an ovarian torsion a few years ago from a cyst.

My periods from age 13 till birth control at ~17 were seven to ten days long, heavy, crampy, nauseating, and left me with extreme fatigue and a feverish feeling. Truly, they sucked. We also all have a tendency to get cystic and hormonal acne along with our cycles.

When I went on Nuvaring at 17, it was MAGIC. My period became extremely regular, short, and bearable. My hormonal acne went away. I didn't notice anything adverse. I had been using OB brand tampons since I began my period so the "ick" factor of the ring that some people have didn't bother me a bit.

Since then, I have only had a short time off the ring, when I was switching care providers. (Thank you, Planned Parenthood, for picking up the slack where our healthcare system fails reproductive health.)

For the past year or two, I've noticed my hormones seemed to... shift? I was spotting and cramping a day or two before I was due to take my ring out, my bleeding wasn't as predictable, I was getting more hormonal acne. I have simultaneously been treated for some other unrelated health issues, so that may have had a hand, but these symptoms started happening once my body was evening itself out again. I also switched to Eluryng sometime shortly before these changes started happening, so maybe the different brand was reacting with my body differently? The two seem pretty identical, I have no idea.

Along with my terrible periods, I was in a long-term relationship with my now-husband, and did not want to get pregnant before we were ready. Now that we're in a place where getting pregnant wouldn't be a tragedy, and I'm desperate to get my body to a good place physically, I decided to go off my BC. Today marks one week! I'm so nervous, honestly, about what changes I'll feel - and figuring out my new cycle.

submitted by /u/thegainfulgardener
[link] [comments]
SHARE

Milan Tomic

Hi. I’m Designer of Blog Magic. I’m CEO/Founder of ThemeXpose. I’m Creative Art Director, Web Designer, UI/UX Designer, Interaction Designer, Industrial Designer, Web Developer, Business Enthusiast, StartUp Enthusiast, Speaker, Writer and Photographer. Inspired to make things looks better.

  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Please ...
Don't enter span link...