Birth-control- Mirena IUD insertion: relatively positive experience:fCare

What birth control options are available?



Barrier methods. Examples include male and female condoms, as well as the diaphragm, cervical cap and contraceptive sponge. Short-acting hormonal methods. ... Long-acting hormonal methods. ... Sterilization. ... Spermicide or vaginal gel. ... Fertility awareness methods.




My experience : Mirena IUD insertion: relatively positive experience



Hi everyone, I just got my IUD inserted about an hour ago. I know there’s horror stories everywhere and although they can be possibilities of IUD insertion experiences, I hope my story will highlight that positive experiences are likely too. Here’s my experience and thoughts.

For background, I’m relatively small and have had no children. Last night before sleeping, I took 500 mg of Tylenol and 400 mg of ibuprofen. About an hour before my appointment, I took 1000 mg of Tylenol and 600 mg of ibuprofen.

I was so nervous going into my appointment. I read about all the horror stories online about IUD insertion and how even those with the best pain tolerances thought it was intolerable. So I expected the worst. My obgyn is amazing and I’ve always loved her patience and ability to explain everything as it was happening. She could see that I was nervous so she answered every question that I had, and told me that she offers all her patients a cervical injection to numb it. I said yes, but was apprehensive. She really wasn’t kidding when she said most of her patients don’t feel it - I felt some movement and she told me to cough, but no pain. While we waited for it to kick in, she walked me through the procedure and showed me as she prepped. Although I’ve seen videos about it when doing research, seeing it in person and having it explained to me was surreal.

Then, the procedure began. The numbing helped a LOT, and I felt pressure and some movement, but no intolerable pain. When she measured the uterus, I felt a poke and a dull ache, then it quickly dissipated. The same happened for the insertion, except this time it was a quick, painful (6/10) cramp. Then it was over and I felt a sense of relief.

HOWEVER, the worst part for me came after. 5 mins after the insertion, I was hit with waves of cramps, and the worst cramps I’ve ever felt. When I had periods, the cramps tended to be pretty bad, causing me to be nauseous and often forcing me to sit down and breathe until it was over. These cramps made them seem easy… as I got into the car I began feeling lightheaded and my fingers began to tingle as my pain shot up to 8/10. I got clammy and my mom almost took me to the ER because of how pale I looked. The dizziness and discomfort went away, but the pain is still like this right now, but I’m cuddling a heat pack and praying for it to go away. Another side effect I didn’t expect was the constant need to shit lmao.

Sorry for such a long post, and comment if there’s any questions! I think I just got unlucky with my side effects, but with a good, experienced, physician, the insertion is a lot less scary than it appears!

submitted by /u/Wrong_Relative_4695
[link] [comments]
SHARE

Milan Tomic

Hi. I’m Designer of Blog Magic. I’m CEO/Founder of ThemeXpose. I’m Creative Art Director, Web Designer, UI/UX Designer, Interaction Designer, Industrial Designer, Web Developer, Business Enthusiast, StartUp Enthusiast, Speaker, Writer and Photographer. Inspired to make things looks better.

  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Please ...
Don't enter span link...