Birth-control- Thoughts on trying copper IUD a second time?:fCare

What birth control options are available?



Barrier methods. Examples include male and female condoms, as well as the diaphragm, cervical cap and contraceptive sponge. Short-acting hormonal methods. ... Long-acting hormonal methods. ... Sterilization. ... Spermicide or vaginal gel. ... Fertility awareness methods.




My experience : Thoughts on trying copper IUD a second time?



Hi everyone! Looking for some thoughts and insights on my journey to find the right BC for me.

I'm 21, long term relationship (don't need to worry about STDs etc) and would ideally like a regular period.

I was on the combined pill for years until this summer and I stopped taking it as I had a Eureka moment about it causing me some serious mood and mental health issues. It worked as BC but I just couldn't take the side effects and low mood anymore, so I went and got a copper IUD fitted. Insertion was totally fine, uncomfortable but manageable and I felt great afterwards and was so happy to finally have done it. Unfortunately, almost immediately, it expelled and I felt the end of it sticking out when I checked my strings the same day, and then even more of it the next day so I had it removed.

Now I'm on the mini pill (desogestrel) and it's pretty awesome so far. Love that it's helped my moods and I feel very stable and no other side effects so far. A bit of whacky bleeding but not a lot. My issue is that I wanted to get my period back and have a regular cycle again, and I know desogestrel is highly likely to stop ovulation and I won't have a reliable period. Not been taking it long enough to see what effect it has yet, and the period I did have was messed up because I also had COVID. Obviously not getting pregnant is my priority, but having a period would be cool and reassuring for me.

I've been recommended to try a different copper IUD that's smaller and should be less likely to expel, but I'm so worried it could come out without me realising and then I wouldn't be protected (I wouldn't have known my other one expelled unless I checked the strings two days in a row). It would give me awful anxiety and I'd be checking constantly.

Does anyone have any experience with expelled IUDs and whether it worked out the second try? Or any alternatives you recommend? Thanks so much :)

submitted by /u/meemoo6
[link] [comments]
SHARE

Milan Tomic

Hi. I’m Designer of Blog Magic. I’m CEO/Founder of ThemeXpose. I’m Creative Art Director, Web Designer, UI/UX Designer, Interaction Designer, Industrial Designer, Web Developer, Business Enthusiast, StartUp Enthusiast, Speaker, Writer and Photographer. Inspired to make things looks better.

  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Please ...
Don't enter span link...