Birth-control- Got my Mirena replaced with Liletta yesterday (not as bas as I thought it would be!):fCare

What birth control options are available?



Barrier methods. Examples include male and female condoms, as well as the diaphragm, cervical cap and contraceptive sponge. Short-acting hormonal methods. ... Long-acting hormonal methods. ... Sterilization. ... Spermicide or vaginal gel. ... Fertility awareness methods.




My experience : Got my Mirena replaced with Liletta yesterday (not as bas as I thought it would be!)



I just wanted to share my experience in case anyone else is about to go through something similar. I was totally freaked out yesterday from reading all kinds of horror stories, but it really wasn't that bad!

I got my Mirena in 2017 at Planned Parenthood. It was inserted by a seemingly very well-qualified nurse practitioner. I didn't take anything beforehand (not even advil). They used a numbing gel. Insertion took 1-2 minutes total (maybe a little longer to wait for the numbing gel to start working). It was incredibly, shockingly painful, and I have a high pain tolerance. Easily the most physically painful experience of my life. I'd give it an 8 or 9 on the pain scale. When I went to get up to get dressed, I nearly fainted and had to sit with my head between my knees for about 20 minutes before I was able to go.

Overall experience of the IUD was great! Some cramping/irregular bleeding for the first couple months, but it was smooth sailing since then. Getting another IUD when the Mirena expired was a no-brainer.

Now I have better insurance and I was able to go to a OBGYN clinic for the removal and replacement. My doctor gave me misoprostol and told me to take 3 advils an hour beforehand. She didn't use numbing gel. I got the Liletta since it's approved for 6 years instead of 5. The removal of the Mirena was like a medium-pain period cramp. I'd say a 3 on the pain scale. Getting the Liletta inserted was slightly more intense, but definitely bearable -- maybe a 4.5. She (I think) pinched my cervix to hold it open, but that didn't hurt too badly, and then the insertion itself was a bit more painful. My doctor was also so fast and good at it. The entire thing - removal and replacement - took about 20 seconds.

I was uncomfortable for about 6 hours afterwards, just crampy and bloated. I woke up this morning and feel totally fine. I've had a bit of spotting, but so far so good!

submitted by /u/veryspecialnoodle
[link] [comments]
SHARE

Milan Tomic

Hi. I’m Designer of Blog Magic. I’m CEO/Founder of ThemeXpose. I’m Creative Art Director, Web Designer, UI/UX Designer, Interaction Designer, Industrial Designer, Web Developer, Business Enthusiast, StartUp Enthusiast, Speaker, Writer and Photographer. Inspired to make things looks better.

  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Please ...
Don't enter span link...