Birth-control- My experience with Slynd (so far):fCare

What birth control options are available?



Barrier methods. Examples include male and female condoms, as well as the diaphragm, cervical cap and contraceptive sponge. Short-acting hormonal methods. ... Long-acting hormonal methods. ... Sterilization. ... Spermicide or vaginal gel. ... Fertility awareness methods.




My experience : My experience with Slynd (so far)



Hi everyone, I haven’t seen too many people share their experiences with Slynd so I figured I’d share mine.

I’m 25F and can’t take estrogen birth control due to migraines. I had nexplanon for a few years (my experience with that is in another post if you’re interested) but didn’t want to get it again because it made my existing mental health problems much worse. My new gyn suggested Slynd, which I started taking 3 weeks ago.

She set it up through a pharmacy that mails me the pills, and I’m incredibly fortunate that my insurance covers it completely so it’s free for me!

On day 2, I had an annoying headache that lasted the entire day. On days 3-6, I had a really bad stomachache that I couldn’t attribute to any other cause, but I’ve had trouble finding other people who’ve experienced GI upset on Slynd so I wasn’t sure if that was the true cause. On about day 5, I also had a really sad day and felt very down and hopeless - and then I was right back to feeling normal the day after and that level of sadness hasn’t come back so far.

Other than those 3 things, I’ve had no other side effects whatsoever. It’s been surprisingly easy so far and I feel much calmer knowing it has a 24-hour window for missed pills and that I’ll be okay if I accidentally miss one. I haven’t experienced any weight gain, my acne is the same as it was before, and my mood is stable.

Just thought I’d share how strangely good this birth control seems to be so far. My expectations were so low since I’ve had so many issues on other forms of birth control, but I can say I’m pleasantly surprised and recommend Slynd if you can’t take estrogen and would prefer another method to the mini-pill, IUD, or nexplanon!

submitted by /u/essisheff
[link] [comments]
SHARE

Milan Tomic

Hi. I’m Designer of Blog Magic. I’m CEO/Founder of ThemeXpose. I’m Creative Art Director, Web Designer, UI/UX Designer, Interaction Designer, Industrial Designer, Web Developer, Business Enthusiast, StartUp Enthusiast, Speaker, Writer and Photographer. Inspired to make things looks better.

  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Please ...
Don't enter span link...