Birth-control- Birth control help!! Depo Provera / Lo Loestrin Fe / Trintellix:fCare

What birth control options are available?



Barrier methods. Examples include male and female condoms, as well as the diaphragm, cervical cap and contraceptive sponge. Short-acting hormonal methods. ... Long-acting hormonal methods. ... Sterilization. ... Spermicide or vaginal gel. ... Fertility awareness methods.




My experience : Birth control help!! Depo Provera / Lo Loestrin Fe / Trintellix



Summary: (20F) started on depo for three years, stopped, went into severe withdrawal during transition to Lo Lo, started anti anxiety meds during transition, considering stopping BC all together

Hi!! I (20F) went on Depo about three years ago because I was starting college and didn’t want to deal with something inconvenient. I wasn’t told much of anything at all about it. Flash forward I’ve had no sex drive for the entire time I’ve been in depo, have had extremely dry ~issues~ (to the point where I met my bf on depo and sex was painful every time and would bleed), and I found out my bone density through an exam was like nonexistent, like basically disintegrating, after a nurse at my school told me to stop depo, as I didn’t know you’re not advised to take to for as long as I had at my age.

In May of this year, I came home from school and decided to switch to Lo Loestrin Fe, and I figured my issues from Depo would go away, and that it would be fine since it’s ultra low dosage. WRONG. in summary I went into withdrawal from the depo, developed extremely severe OCD, intrusive thoughts, panic attacks, heart palpitations, would cry at the drop of a hat, was throwing up all the time from anxiety, TERRIBLE acne, couldn’t even drive or be alone in a room (keep in mind I had just come back from 6 months overseas alone and was perfectly fine and go to school across the country). This calmed down after the two month mark because my family had an intervention and I started taking Trintellix 5mg (anti anxiety/anti depression). Just fyi Trintellix is the one anti anxiety med that doesn’t really have sexual side effects and I feel pretty strongly that it’s not that. I also gained 15 lbs in a very short amount of time and don’t fit in anything and I’m incredibly frustrated because my eating habits did not change. All this while my poor boyfriend is trying to support me and we were both shocked that all this chaos was just because of BC. I had NO idea how much hormones play a role in my entire existence and am afraid of this in general now. My OB said my hormonal reaction to coming off the depo was similar to PPD (post partum depression) and as a 20 year old girl with no children I was shook.

Things definitely improved after the Trintellix, but all of those symptoms started after the switch, and doctors cannot figure out if it was coming off the depo that triggered me, if my body hates the Lo Lo, or both. I am now tired, exausted, my sex drive is gone AGAIN after it came back for a few weeks in the transition, I feel traumatized by this whole experience, and I’m tired of these chemicals messing with me and I feel like a stranger in my own body. My OB hasn’t been able to help me because there’s no way to predict all this and she said she’s never seen someone go through what I did coming off of depo, but I’ve found thousands of other women online with similar experiences to me.

I’m starting to wonder if I should quit BC all together (my bf supports whatever I want to do with this stuff) but I’m just worried about pregnancy and I don’t know if I or my relationship can afford the possibility of me turning into an evil monster if I stop hormonal BC all together. My mom and sister both take pills and have had zero issues with either so I suppose I’m the odd one out. I also am scared if I stop to experience the consequences alone at school as my relationship is long distance while I go to school but we see each other very often.

What would you do?

Sincerely, Hormonally Sensitive and Confused

submitted by /u/These_Ad_6166
[link] [comments]
SHARE

Milan Tomic

Hi. I’m Designer of Blog Magic. I’m CEO/Founder of ThemeXpose. I’m Creative Art Director, Web Designer, UI/UX Designer, Interaction Designer, Industrial Designer, Web Developer, Business Enthusiast, StartUp Enthusiast, Speaker, Writer and Photographer. Inspired to make things looks better.

  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Please ...
Don't enter span link...