Birth-control- New doc wants to switch me from combined to mini pill:fCare

What birth control options are available?



Barrier methods. Examples include male and female condoms, as well as the diaphragm, cervical cap and contraceptive sponge. Short-acting hormonal methods. ... Long-acting hormonal methods. ... Sterilization. ... Spermicide or vaginal gel. ... Fertility awareness methods.




My experience : New doc wants to switch me from combined to mini pill



(TL/DR below) I recently went to see a doc I was referred to for sterilization which I will be getting, but I still planned to stay on my pill (junel fe) because I take it continuously to help with ovarian cysts and avoid periods all together which has been wonderful because mine are horrendous. However this new doctor is concerned about my history of migraines even though they are without aura and none of my previous doctors have denied me the combined pill. They flagged the blood clot risk, but said it's okay. This new doctor said since I am 33, I can keep taking it, but in 2 years time when I hit 35 she would want me to come off it as the risk goes up. I don't know how I feel about that because it took me 15 years to find a pill that didn't make me feel terrible and has this added bonus of no periods which she said is harder to achieve on the mini pill.

My question for others who used the continuous method and have made the switch either voluntarily or because their doc required it, were you still able to prevent periods on the mini pill if you take it correctly and continuously?

And for the people who didn't want to make the switch, were you allowed to basically say you are willing to accept the increased risk of blood clots and docs would still prescribe you the combined pill?

TL/DR: can you refuse to switch from the combined pill to the mini pill if you're willing to accept blood clot risk? Or is it still easy to prevent periods with continuous use on the mini pill?

submitted by /u/3WarmAndWildEyes
[link] [comments]
SHARE

Milan Tomic

Hi. I’m Designer of Blog Magic. I’m CEO/Founder of ThemeXpose. I’m Creative Art Director, Web Designer, UI/UX Designer, Interaction Designer, Industrial Designer, Web Developer, Business Enthusiast, StartUp Enthusiast, Speaker, Writer and Photographer. Inspired to make things looks better.

  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Please ...
Don't enter span link...