Birth-control- Confused about when Mirena begins protection:fCare

What birth control options are available?



Barrier methods. Examples include male and female condoms, as well as the diaphragm, cervical cap and contraceptive sponge. Short-acting hormonal methods. ... Long-acting hormonal methods. ... Sterilization. ... Spermicide or vaginal gel. ... Fertility awareness methods.




My experience : Confused about when Mirena begins protection



Hi all! I got my Mirena IUD inserted today after nearly ten years on combination birth control. Everything went quite smoothly despite the initial insertion pain and now I just have light spotting and cramps. That said, my doctor recommended I use a backup method for 1-2 weeks after insertion since the IUD takes a beat to work.

Now, I had my IUD inserted 6 days after my period began and I read you acquire full protection immediately as long as the device is inserted within 7 days of your period beginning. So I’m unsure if my doctor just said this out of an abundance of caution since I’m not sure she checked when my last period was or whether I am actually unprotected.

For the record, I haven’t had sex since insertion (it was today so it’d be quite uncomfortable) and usually use condoms anyway since I have bad pregnancy anxiety. Of course, for that exact reason I also want to make sure I understand when this thing starts working so I can decide whether to pause on sex or use condoms/pullout for the intervening time.

submitted by /u/URandRUN
[link] [comments]
SHARE

Milan Tomic

Hi. I’m Designer of Blog Magic. I’m CEO/Founder of ThemeXpose. I’m Creative Art Director, Web Designer, UI/UX Designer, Interaction Designer, Industrial Designer, Web Developer, Business Enthusiast, StartUp Enthusiast, Speaker, Writer and Photographer. Inspired to make things looks better.

  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Please ...
Don't enter span link...