Birth-control- I got my copper IUD out and I’m so happy:fCare

What birth control options are available?



Barrier methods. Examples include male and female condoms, as well as the diaphragm, cervical cap and contraceptive sponge. Short-acting hormonal methods. ... Long-acting hormonal methods. ... Sterilization. ... Spermicide or vaginal gel. ... Fertility awareness methods.




My experience : I got my copper IUD out and I’m so happy



I gave it 2 years to “settle in” but I was having pain during sex, constant bleeding, and I was often aware of it inside of me. This is besides the insanely heavy periods which I was prepared to deal with. My OBGYN kept insisting it couldn’t be the IUD causing pain because it was in the right place.

Every time I went to get it out, I was talked out of it. I really respect my doctors’ opinions on things so I was easily persuaded, then would spend the next few months kicking myself for not insisting. My sex life was starting to fall apart because I dreaded PIV. My moods were shitty and whenever I had a good day, it was ruined by pain around my cervix/uterus area.

Last week I had finally had enough. I had a UTI and stabbing pains in my pelvis. I called my OBGYN office and got my usual doc, who got super frustrated with me on the phone and told me I just needed to drink more water and I’d be fine.

I requested a different GYN and saw him today. The difference was amazing. I told him what was happening, and he told me it was not normal. We discussed other options (my partner is a saint and opted for a vasectomy), DIDN’T TRY TO TALK ME OUT OF IT or linger on the fact that I “might change my mind” about kids, and said he could tell I’d put a lot of thought and research into it.

FUCKING THANK YOU. JESUS.

Removal was insanely easy and that’s after having a traumatic insertion. I swear it didn’t feel like anything. I didn’t even realize it was out until they dangled it in front of me. Swear to god I immediately felt better. This was 8 hours ago and I haven’t felt one jab of pain since they removed it. I feel so much more comfortable and at ease.

I know there are plenty of copper horror stories out there, and I really really wanted to love mine. But guess what, I didn’t. It’s not for everyone and that’s fine! Even though it’s not hormonal, I still feel like it was affecting my entire body and I wish I’d never gotten it.

submitted by /u/faerrett
[link] [comments]
SHARE

Milan Tomic

Hi. I’m Designer of Blog Magic. I’m CEO/Founder of ThemeXpose. I’m Creative Art Director, Web Designer, UI/UX Designer, Interaction Designer, Industrial Designer, Web Developer, Business Enthusiast, StartUp Enthusiast, Speaker, Writer and Photographer. Inspired to make things looks better.

  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Please ...
Don't enter span link...